top of page

Fire leads to evacuations

A commercial building fire in Morris this week forced many residents out of their homes.

The blaze broke out at Superior Batteries on East Benton street. The facility stores electronic lithium batteries for cell phones and other electronic devices. Officials in Morris were warned not to use foam repellants to fight the fire by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

No injuries were reported so far.


Area news & more...
FREE online local news
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
bottom of page