Coroner releases info on fatal fire


The McLean County Coroner has released information on a fatal fire which occurred Thursday.


Michelle R. Hanson, 45, of Bloomington was pronounced dead shortly after 9 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Kreitzer Avenue in Bloomington. Preliminary autopsy information indicates Hanson died from carbon monoxide intoxication due to the inhalation of smoke and soot due to a house fire.


“There was no evidence of an altercation, assault or infection,” said Coroner Dr. Kathy Yoder in a news release. “Toxicology testing is pending.”


The incident remains under investigation by the McLean County Coroner’s Office, Bloomington Police Department and the Bloomington Fire Department.

Area news & more...
FREE online local news
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black