top of page

Fire destroys Chatsworth home

CHATSWORTH – A Chatsworth home was lost to fire Tuesday, but no one was injured.

Firefighters were called to the rental house at the corner of Third and Ash streets at 2:35 p.m. The home’s occupant was gone grocery shopping at the time, according to Chatsworth Fire Chief Galen Schaffer. Someone nearby reported the fire, which is under investigation, but is believed to have started in a utility room. Officials don’t consider it suspicious.

In addition to Chatsworth, other fire departments responding included Forrest, Piper City and Pontiac. SELCAS ambulance personnel were on standby.

Area news & more...
FREE online local news
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
bottom of page