top of page

Woman dies in house fire

A house fire which occurred in Normal has claimed the life of a 76-year-old woman.

The McLean County Coroner’s office says Judith Dawson was pronounced dead Wednesday afternoon. Preliminary autopsy results indicate Dawson died from carbon monoxide intoxication due to the inhalation of smoke and soot from the house fire. There was no evidence of non-fire related injury, according to the coroner.

A passerby called 911 and reported smoke coming from the residence at 1313 Baugh drive around 3:26 p.m. The first arriving firefighters noticed moderate smoke coming from the residence and called for help. Bloomington firefighters then responded with an engine company.

The incident remains under investigation by the McLean County Coroner’s office, Normal Police and the Normal Fire Department.

Area news & more...
FREE online local news
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
bottom of page