BLOOMINGTON – The cause of a recent fire in Bloomington was determined to be accidental due to someone attempting to thaw frozen water pipes.
Bloomington firefighters reported heavy smoke and fire from multiple areas of the home on Violet Lane. Officials say the owner was out of the home when firefighters arrived on the scene. Two animals were inside the home at the time and were unable to get out.
No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze and the Red Cross was notified. Estimated damage is $45,000.